- Sending written messages involves cost of?
Internal mail cost,
- Define and group ideas
Deciding what to say is basic problem
- Start The main idea
What you want audience to do or think
- Support the major points by specific evidence
These form the body of the message an
- State the major points
Those ideas that clarify the message by
Demonstrates cooperativeness which m
Many negotiators use it to show their
- Formal bargaining
Develop when recurring issues require ……..
Frequently involves argumentation and ……..
- Preparing the work plan
When conducting a lengthy formal study plan should be quite detailed.
- Defining the problem
Should develop a clear written statement of the purpose of your report
- Outlining issues for analysis
To organize the research effort you need to break the problem into a series of specific questions.
- Doing the research
The value of report depends on the quality of the information it is based upon.
- when person being ordered is far away ………… orders are given.
- Report Format
Paper used, letterhead and the typing – tell the readers a lot about you and your company’s professionalism.
Important forum for business communication
Official documents that convey important information.
- Your conclusion is not the place at which to make yet another point.
- One must go to the real world to gather information through his/her efforts to collect
- Be Polite
Although you may be tempted to be brutally frank try to express the facts in a kind and thought manner.
- Establish Credibility
People are more likely to react positively to your message when they have confidence in you.
Style is the way you use words to achieve a certain tone, or overall impression
Companies should be fully competent to deal with difficulties associated with overseas selling,
Extends the form of communication to external stakeholders
- Justification of the message
Made by way of explanation, which should be a logical outgrowth of the opening statements.
- Direct statement of the request
This refers to the main idea
- Best way to begin a direct message
State what you want in the first sentence and let explanation follow this initial request or idea Courteously close with request for specific action > Do not thank the reader in advance for cooperating.
Hand written note may give a personal touch, but a long official letter written by hand may seem odd Letterhead > Screen-printing is recommended for smaller quantity and offset printing fore bigger print-orders Envelops > is more than a cover as it packages the letter.
- Paper for company documents
Value-based Factors that are inferred or derived from interviewing or surveying the audiences.
- If you spend time with irrelevant phrases or unnecessary detail, your reader may loose ………….…… at the outset
- Good judgment
Do not include anything in report that might jeopardize you or your organization.
- Justification Report
Essentially management tool Format.
- Style and organization
These decisions revolve around the reader’s needs
Writer of business report writer must learn is how tell the truth
- After the meeting is over it is necessary to prepare a ‘road map’ to achieve organizational goals.
- leaders are the only contributors to the direction of the group.
- Audience analysis is the process by which business communicators analyse the needs and knowledge of their listeners in order to improve the likelihood of communicating effectively through oral presentations
- i) Opening: contains detail that “buffers” or softens the bad news,
- i) Body: have the reasons for the bad news, or negative message
iii) Statement: a clear and diplomatic statement of the negative decision
- iv) Close: a helpful and friendly attitude and positive close.
- Close ended questions produce specific information, eliminate bias and
Save time, require less effort from the interviewee, and eliminate bias and prejudice in answers.
- When you have only positive ifnformation to present, rank your information with the most positive first, followed by the next most positive, and so on.
- Conclusions are based on combination of ?
Assumptions, facts, value judgements.
- To test purpose of the business message ask the following questions to yourself?
Is the purpose realistic, is the right person delivering the message, is it the right time.
- Open Ended questions are better for gathering information than for prompting an exchange of feelings.
- Voluntary reports are prepared on the
Writer’s own initiative
- Some organizations prefer to have the subject line between the attention line and the salutation.
- Agreement We both know how hard it is to make profit in this industry The drill sergeants may use highly charged, emotional language to push ‘raw’ recruits to new levels of physical exertion. This is which kind of presentation?
- ………………. gives the organization to investigate and gain information on many different products in order to select the most relevant.
- The close ended questions ………………. the respondents’ initiative and may prevent important information from being revealed.
- ………………. is the capacity and degree to which the group remains together
- Many superiors tend to be selective listeners, who choose to hear only the …………….. comments.
- Negotiation is usually ………………… and structured process of communication
- Different factors necessary for effective communication according to pride are.
Purpose, receiver, impact
- A report contains conclusions reached by the writer